The Bon Secours Vein and Vascular Specialists work with some of today’s most advanced equipment and perform complete vein care for all types of veins and all patients. We use modern medical advancements to provide up-to-date therapies that are both comfortable and convenient.
We have a state-of-the-art, fully equipped vein and vascular laboratory that provides painless and accurate studies of patients’ arterial and venous diseases, including blood clots in the legs or clogged arteries. We utilize ultrasound and other non-invasive testing methods, and non-invasive procedures are available as an alternative to surgery to treat many minor vascular issues.
Our lab includes ultrasound technology that enables us to obtain a clear picture of your treatment needs and make take appropriate action. With ultrasound, we are able to:
- Identify deep vein thrombosis (DVT), or blood clots, often occurring in the legs
- Determine the exact causes of leg swelling due to varicose veins
- Assess and map the veins throughout the arms and legs, which may then be partially removed and used to bypass a blocked or narrowed blood vessel like the coronary artery
- Examine blood vessel grafts used for dialysis
- Check for narrowing of vessels, blocked blood flow, malformations, or tumors throughout the vascular system
- Get a clear picture of important blood vessels throughout the body, such as the abdominal aorta and carotid arteries